Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » G33K'S CORNER

Post subject: Windows Vista To Ship To Suppliers This Month?!
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:41 pm 
Lubed up like a sausage

Magical green lights peg 25 Oct RTM for Vista

A Microsoft campus billboard has confirmed that Vista does exist and may even ship to manufacturers later this month.

:D

The Road!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:24 pm 
Saints ftw!!

hopefully... I'm off to the reseller launch pretty soon :)

Quote:
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 will be released in October 2006, along with the 2007 Office System and Windows Vista. This combined launch presents opportunities for you as a Microsoft partner, and new benefits for your customers.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:35 pm 
The Groundkeeper

Quote:
Well-connected hacks at the Seattle Times received a tip off that a "scrolling electronic reader board" at Microsoft HQ displayed the message "9 Days Until Vista RTM!!!"

Someone probably left a zero off..

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:39 pm 
Humping a Super Model

Caspius=GCHQ= wrote:
Quote:
Well-connected hacks at the Seattle Times received a tip off that a "scrolling electronic reader board" at Microsoft HQ displayed the message "9 Days Until Vista RTM!!!"

Someone probably left a zero off..

Either that of the scrolling reader board will suddenly have the BSOD!!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:34 pm 
Made in Taiwan

With the number of hardware changes I tend to make and the "2 major changes only please, before you need to buy a new copy" activation rule, this could get exxxpensive.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:28 pm 
I love this better than my other 'arf

Gmar=GCHQ= wrote:
With the number of hardware changes I tend to make and the "2 major changes only please, before you need to buy a new copy" activation rule, this could get exxxpensive.

buy a legal copy, give it 2 months and there will be a activation hack, problem solved, and imo not illegal.

2 changes before you have to buy a new copy, thats just forcing ppl to spend more. :evil:

shrek

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:48 pm 
Saints ftw!!

do you actually have to buy a new copy?

I have reactivated tons of XP installs on rebuilt machines. Admittedly you need to ring microsoft as the online activation says that the number you are using has been activated already.

They have never asked once for any proof of anything

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:32 pm 
I'm ghey 4 teh Hoff!

Buy a new copy? You always only had to phone up support and get a code to reactivate it.

If you have to buy a whole new fuggin copy, they can kiss my rosey cheeked arse!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:42 pm 
Bow down to the master

Whatever this is true, i can NOT comment on.
But i can say, that you guys will have to wait till January(Unless they have changed it, and made so that mortal people, can have it before that. But that was not the plan anyways)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:47 pm 
Rusty Pwned me on DC

Chadk=GCHQ= wrote:
But i can say, that you guys will have to wait till January(Unless they have changed it, and made so that mortal people, can have it before that. But that was not the plan anyways)

Not what ive heard. ;)

Post subject: vista
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:57 pm 
that was a stupid comment btw

Quote:
Just a shame that you guys wont get Vista before next year

couldnt give a fly shit :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:36 pm 
Bow down to the master

Slefve=GCHQ= wrote:
Chadk=GCHQ= wrote:

Not what ive heard. ;)

If you wanna buy Vista for own personal use, unless you have a connection that can get you a version, chances are you cant get vista before January.
It have been microsofts plan for a long time, that by november, IBM, Hp, compaq, Dell, etc. get a version of Vista, for their computers, so they can make images for all their new models, and by January, you will be able to buy either a new computer with Vista, or OEM version.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:02 pm 
Decidedly uninterested

Vista recedes further into Myth :lol:

The Register: Bug causes another delay to Vista

"Vista has been delayed by a week because of a bug, according to reports.

The oft-delayed operating system was due for release to manufacturers yesterday, 25 October, but this has been pushed back to 8 November because of a bug serious enough to require a complete re-install of the software. Cunning Microsoft, fed up with constant complaints about delays, has not made public exactly when the release date is - and without an official release date it can't be delayed.

A statement from Microsoft said: "We have not announced our final plans for launch of Windows Vista and Office 2007. However, we are on track for business availability in November and general availability in January, although the exact dates are determined based on the product quality.""

Still, at least they've finally figured out that they should fix the bugs first, instead of using paying customers as beta-testers :roll:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:21 pm 
Decidedly uninterested

...also:

The Register - Acer: Vista Home Basic is a lemon

"Microsoft is effectively smuggling through a price hike for Windows Vista - by making the entry-level version so poor that no-one will want to use it. So says Jim Wong, senior veep at Acer, the world's number four PC maker, who told UK hack Jon Honeyball: "The new [Vista] experience you hear of, if you get Basic, you won't feel it at all. There's no [Aero] graphics, no Media Center, no remote control."

Wong notes that the Premium Version of Vista is 10 per cent more expensive than XP Home. This will increase PC build costs by 1-2 per cent, which the PC makers will have to soak up, he says."

Vista is sounding more and more like a pointless upgrade, only intended as a sap to shareholders :roll:

Let's face it, aside from some GUI tweaks and a bunch of 'security enhcancements', what is there new to Windoze that couldn't have been stuck into an XP service pack? XP SP3 was meant to include Aero ffs :roll:

Hehe, due date for XP SP3? "SP3 for Windows XP Professional is currently planned for 1H CY2008. This date is preliminary."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:48 pm 
I'm ghey 4 teh Hoff!

Isn't the basic going to be the anti competition shite version though - retail in the EU so that realplayer and others can't say they've been cut off etc.

Things i heard that are interesting is the ability to use the flash drive (if your mem stick has fast enough random read/write times) as the page file, so that it doesn't write to disk - which speeds the system up (or so i read).
There seemed to be a couple of cool things in there, but you just don't hear about it - to be honest, you only hear negative publicity about Vista, and never what features/things it has got in it.

Obviously there may be nothing more than just what i've mentioned, but I personally think it's because people aren't overly certain what it does better than the old one. Did XP have anything ground breaking in that over the previous versions?

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » G33K'S CORNER