Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » G33K'S CORNER

Post subject: Ummm what?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:56 pm 
Thai lady boy

Internet brand name is they're such a thing or are you talking a company trademark?
Email recieved below

Dear sir or madam,

We are HONGKONG IDCi Information Technology Co.,Ltd which is the domain name registrar centre in China. We have something need to confirm with you.

On the December 27, 2007, we received an application formally. One company named "RuiLian Investment (China) Co., Ltd" applied for the Internet Brand name "carefill" and the domain name "carefill.cn / .com.cn / .net.cn / .org.cn / .hk / .tw / .tm. / .mobi" which involve internet intellectual property right of your company.

These days we are dealing with it. In order to deal with this issue better, Please contact me by telephone or email as soon as possible.

Best Regards!
David

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:38 pm 
call me J-Lo ;-)

The cynic in me says it's a simple cold call Email - Designed to make you feel the need to register the other domains - and with them.

That's the stance i took when (quite a while ago) some random guy fones me up because he felt obliged to inform me somebody was trying to register what should be our domain with him - but as it was our company name he'd let me have it first.......

Stay Frosty

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 2:54 pm 
Saints ftw!!

we've had them call at work - a swift "feck OFF" usually works :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:52 pm 
Thai lady boy

Aye I thought it was that tbh. After all the domain names taht we want are ours, and as for brand name, its a trademark issue and we the company must have years of prior use in that if it needs to be argued about.
But ya never know.

Post subject: Re: Ummm what?
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:01 pm 
I'm ghey 4 teh Hoff!

Tao=GCHQ= wrote:
Internet brand name is they're such a thing or are you talking a company trademark?
Email recieved below

Dear sir or madam,

We are HONGKONG IDCi Information Technology Co.,Ltd which is the domain name registrar centre in China. We have something need to confirm with you.

On the December 27, 2007, we received an application formally. One company named "RuiLian Investment (China) Co., Ltd" applied for the Internet Brand name "carefill" and the domain name "carefill.cn / .com.cn / .net.cn / .org.cn / .hk / .tw / .tm. / .mobi" which involve internet intellectual property right of your company.

These days we are dealing with it. In order to deal with this issue better, Please contact me by telephone or email as soon as possible.

Best Regards!
David

RUN A MILE!

Reminds me our boss (financial, not the actual business man) bought up a cc name - thinking it looked like "County Council"... for a silly amount of money.
Some small dodgy country somewhere, no-one would trust a business at that domain :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:30 pm 
Thai lady boy

Would happily block China on a spam filter for this lot, unfortunately, its textiles so half the emails are from chinese companies.

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » G33K'S CORNER