Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES

Post subject: Eternal Sonata
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:54 am 
Code:
http://eternalsonata.namcobandaigames.com/

Beautiful looking RPG with anime Cel shaded graphics & what sounds to be a very interesting story. Ive been waiting for a decent RPG to hit the 360 with Blue Dragon & Enchanted Arms being huge disappointments for me.

Set for release according to Play.com 19th October 2007 but on Amazon.co.uk they have it for 25th January 2008 :shock:

Overview

"On his deathbed, the famous composer, Chopin, drifts between this life and the next. In his final hours, he experiences a fantastical dream where he encounters a young girl facing a terrible destiny and the boy who will fight to save her. On the border between dreams and reality, Chopin discovers the light that shines in all of us in this enduring tale of good and evil, love and betrayal.

Developed by Tri-Crescendo and featuring the music of Chopin, Eternal Sonata delivers amazingly detailed 3D graphics, a captivating storyline and an innovative action battle system."

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 12:43 pm 
Forever Alone

man....what are yeh talking about...have a look here

fable 2 teaser - http://www.fable2.com/index.php

fable 2 according to play.com set for release 26 october...can't wait (and i dont
even have a 360...gonna hafta get one for fable 2 though) it looks soo awsome
and fable was bloody good...this should be even more :D :D :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:34 am 
Didnt play the original Fable not having owned an original Xbox & that teaser shows nothing.

Whereas Eternal Sonata has ingame trailers & is already released in Japan & US.
It also comes out a week before Fable over here giving me & others plenty of time to enjoy it & then buy Fable aswell.

Also this sort of RPG the Jap's will eat up, unlike the Western style RPG's they dont, thus pushing sales of 360 & bringing more Eastern RPG's to gamers like me who love them :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:13 pm 
Currently on Chapter 6 & 18 hours played.

My first impressions about the game were great battle system, spot on voice acting & wonderful graphics.

The battles now are abit tedius alot like other RPG's, after getting used to the enemies, its just a matter of doing the same moves you did before to kill them in the quickest way. Also with you being able to see the enemies before you engage them, its very easy to go around them or to attack from there rear, to give you free moves at the start of the battle.
The battle camera can confuse at times, as with it spinning around dramtically at the start, its hard to know which character you are going to use first or which direction the enemy is in. This can cost you valuable move time.

Theres alot of cut scenes or events. With this game based around Chopin's music it also tells you about the man himself while you listen to some of his compositions. This is interesting at first but if you are short on play time before work/school etc it just annoys you to the point of skipping it.
Whereas I said before the voice acting is good compared to majority of game voice acting, the story at times is not as good. For example: Two characters have a conversation & one of them leaves. The other stands there talking to himself about what the two of them just discussed.
Over dramatising is another flaw in the story telling. Again Examples: Character in the story dies....takes about 15mins of talking & by this time I wanted to kill the fecker. I thought he/she might have died of old age eventually.
Then enter bad guy. Talks trash about wanting one of the party alive but will kill the rest. Then Enter Ex Party member thought lost. Says something along the lines of "You will have to go through me first" Zoom in camera to face as if the battle is about to start....but no.....more talking.

So Overall great graphics, usual RPG tedius battles but a better system than most, Good story told using good voice actors but bad script writers.
Worth buying & has replay value also.

Keep me going until "Infinite Undiscovery" by SquareEnix

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:19 pm 
doing a certain activity

for some reason i really want to play crisis core but it keep getting pushed back :(

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:45 am 
embarisment to america - dipshit

yeahhhh eternal sonata is gay i played the demo.... not cool at all and i love RPGs, but yes as you say Blue Dragon sucked balls

"The only thing that would make me feel better now is to be titty slapped around by a coked out russian whore" - Tracy Jordan (30 Rock)

Marge - "Show me the time of my life"
Homer - "Ok, lets get fast food and do it twice" (explains my marriage to a tee)

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES