Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES

Post subject: FIFA09
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:59 pm 
Casual visitor

Hey guys, anyone got the new fifa and xboxlive? The new 20 player online game mode is bloody awesome... so anyone up for it?

My GT is christmas86.. we could setup a league for GCHQ maybe?

Post subject: Re: FIFA09
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 pm 
Mostly Armless

yeah we should try and set up a league, got fifa 09 the other day, vast improvement on 08, but the online features are so good, pretty buggy at the mo, the 20v20 is annoying, but fun if you get a good team together. i hate how fifa has decided to severely over complicate how you decide who plays in what position and these tactics are strange. but the gameplay overall is a hell of a lot better. but like i said they've over complicated alot of the good stuff from 08. be a pro seasons is awesome though, my overall rating for my player is 90, and i'm only half way through my 2nd season, scored over 70 goals in my first season in the premiership :geek:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:08 pm 
Casual visitor

Yeah it can be a bit buggy, and unfortunately it relies on the human element, which is so often where multiplayer falls down. (Dickheads who score own goals - i dont get these people's motivations at all - i blame this type of person for all of humanities problems)

The be-a-pro mode is excellent, i made myself and am half way through the 1st season, playing for the 1st team and now playing for england, scored a hat-trick on my debut for england ha ha! I love how you have to progress from reserves-1st etc.

I'm not sure how they could've made it easier to pick positions, it was always going to be a scramble, but perhaps they could've had some sort of gambling system, it more than one person goes for a position then it rolls a dice and the highest score wins that place. I always end up playing centre-back or midfield and watching some doofus playing striker or winger who for some reason has not discovered the pass or cross buttons yet.

Whats your gamertag and we'll have to have a few games!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:05 pm 
Mostly Armless

nah i meant when just playing 1v1 the difficult menu layout of your squad and formations etc. cant just press LT nemore. playing be a pro online i don't mine what position, always like playing in the midfield anyway, and defence is fun, annoyed they didnt take out the any option though, don't see why its neeed anymore when theres so many people on each team.
erm my gamertag is : BloodOnTheSound , i'll be on it later on today, so ill add you to my friends list.

anyone else whos got themselves fifa 09 should add the gamertag down here, so we can set up a club onlive.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:14 pm 
I Burn Insects

x Clarky x

im up for a GCHQ league!

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES