Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES » Xbox

Post subject: Xbox disc drives on the blink :(
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:48 pm 
Mostly Armless

rite I've had my xbox 360 for like a year and a few months , so the warranties only recently run out but last night the disc drive broke on my console. firstly it started to eject spinning cds, then make really loud grinding noises and now it won't spin the discs at all :(

so i contacted microsoft and it would cost me 60pound to get it repaired by them, which at the moment i don't have. but if my console gets the 3 red lights, i get a bonus two year warranty and microsoft will fix it for free, which is annoying.

so just wondering if anyone else has had this disc drive problem, as i've been reading up and its probably cheaper to replace the drive myself, so i'm seeing if anyone has used this method themselves. also is it possible to force your xbox to get the 3 red lights problem so i can have a free repair.

thanks Sam.

Post subject: Re: Xbox disc drives on the blink :(
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:41 pm 
Bow down to the master

Er, xbox 360 have 3 years warrantie, or 2 years in uk, contact microsoft support and they will email you a shipping tag, take it to ups/dhl and they will sort it

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:19 pm 
Mostly Armless

thats exactly what i thought, but i rang up the xbox UK support and they told me i only have a 1 year warranty, unless you get the 3 red lights then you get a 3 year warranty :(

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:13 pm 
Pure sex on legs

StealingSociety wrote:
thats exactly what i thought, but i rang up the xbox UK support and they told me i only have a 1 year warranty, unless you get the 3 red lights then you get a 3 year warranty :(

yep thats right

But if its a new xbox (made about may last year) then the 3 red lights shouldn't happen

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:40 pm 
Mostly Armless

yeah i've had of for like a year and 4 months, but i don't think its one of the new models because it hasn't got an hdmi port on the back.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:24 pm 
Pure sex on legs

isn't that just on the core system? not sure havn't been into consoles for about 3 years lol, this is what i remeber from work. But not all of the old models got the 3red lights, sorry mate. I concentrate of fixing things not breaking them lol - but it was a over heating problem so trying using a radiator :P

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:28 am 
Forever Alone

hopefully im not too late.... one of my friends on live had the same problem about 2 months ago...but he doesn't take kindly to things like that happening soo was straight on the phone bitching and complaining and he got it sorted free of charge (his console was a couple years old i think) turns out the motherboard was on its way out too soo they replaced that aswell.

previously he's had controllers break and phoned up complaining and a week later had a new one
delivered without even having to prove he'd bought a controller nevermind that it was broken.

long story short....get on the phone and get angry (dont swear though, they'll cut you off) and just make the point you spent however much on it and every game you buy gives them more
money etc....

hope it helps :thumbr:

Post Posted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:40 pm 
Mostly Armless

yeah managed to sort out a collection for it, its now in frankfurt being repaired, hope i get it back soon :thumbl:

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES » Xbox