Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES » WII

Post subject: Wii - November 24th - £149?!
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:54 am 
Lubed up like a sausage

It could well be...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/731/731722p1.html

If the Wii does indeed launch for £149, the console will be priced at £50 less than Microsoft's Core Xbox 360 bundle and a staggering £275 less than the predicted price of the PlayStation 3.

:?

RD

The Road!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 5:32 am 
Superman

yeh but a box of cornflakes is cheaper than that.. and as desirable..

I'm not so sure many people will honestly get excited by Nintendos new console.. the name alone is enough to spark ridicule.. unless ur a nintendo fanboy of course.. I can only say.. look at the gamecube.. virtually free these days in teh aforementioned cornflakes yet the older ps2 and xbox are still 100 or so...

i can't see em pulling this back.. the Ninty/Sega battle has shifted to a Sony/Microsoft war over the last 6-8 years or so. Remember.. superior spec isn't everything if theres no support and games... I recall people selling their 'its gonna be leet' DS's quite quickly.. lol...

one thing that puzzled me.. the motion control idea.. so you can jump up and swing the controller around to play tennis for example.. i play games on a comp so i don't have to swing my arms about.. if i wanted the exercise i'd play proper tennis.. lol.. gimmicky.. like the touch sensative screen on DS>. .. and prolly a crap 'novelty' idea that'll wear off soon enough..

I'll stick to my PC... :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:55 am 
Comin' outta Gallifrey

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:

I'm not so sure many people will honestly get excited by Nintendos new console.. the name alone is enough to spark ridicule.. unless ur a nintendo fanboy of course.. I can only say.. look at the gamecube.. virtually free these days in teh aforementioned cornflakes yet the older ps2 and xbox are still 100 or so...

i can't see em pulling this back.. the Ninty/Sega battle has shifted to a Sony/Microsoft war over the last 6-8 years or so. Remember.. superior spec isn't everything if theres no support and games... I recall people selling their 'its gonna be leet' DS's quite quickly.. lol...

one thing that puzzled me.. the motion control idea.. so you can jump up and swing the controller around to play tennis for example.. i play games on a comp so i don't have to swing my arms about.. if i wanted the exercise i'd play proper tennis.. lol.. gimmicky.. like the touch sensative screen on DS>. .. and prolly a crap 'novelty' idea that'll wear off soon enough..

ohhhh.....TJ will kill you for saying that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i may buy one, if i'm not too impoverished....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:44 am 
Bow down to the master

PS3/Xbox..better games...full stop

I make pain come happen.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:50 am 
Comin' outta Gallifrey

The_Asguard [BE]=GCHQ= wrote:
PS3/Xbox..different stle of gaming...full stop

is what i think you meant :P

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:34 pm 
Superman

Quote:
PS3/Xbox - gaming for anyone over the age of ten.

sure thats what he meant :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:05 pm 
I'm ghey 4 teh Hoff!

Ya can't knock things until you've tried them. Each is only a form of entertainment, and the XBox/PS3 seem to believe that entertainment is only skin deep (ergo, better graphics and processing power will eclipse any need for actual immersion).

Stat whores love the PS3 as it's supposed to be really powerful, but for me - personally, I'll play any game that I find entertaining, and fewer and fewer games manage to entertain me anymore. Sure, they look nice, but they don't offer anything other than looks, or are boring after the first few hours. I've stopped buying new games, as to be honest - they are a waste of money. Look really nice, sound really good - but don't manage to fire my enthusiasm at all.

I'll reserve judgement until I've played the games on each one, and see what actually comes up best rather than slag em off, but seeing as my fav game at the moment is a text based browser game, you can bet yer ass i don't really care about just how amazing it'll look, i care about how it'll play... I'm thinking from a personal perspective that moving about whilst playing will actually be good fun.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:36 pm 
Ostracised!

o-iii<0 8ilbo=GCHQ= wrote:
Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:

ohhhh.....TJ will kill you for saying that... :lol: :lol: :lol:

i may buy one, if i'm not too impoverished....

*starts planning tongehs abduction and torture :twisted:*

i'm not a nintendo fanboy, and the wii wil be my first console. ;)

Quote:
I recall people selling their 'its gonna be leet' DS's quite quickly

the same can be said of the psp you know ;) and what's wrong with adding new features like a touchpad? at least it's not your typical unoriginal lets make it have better graphics and that's it :roll:

Quote:
if i wanted the exercise i'd play proper tennis.. lol

it's not for exercise, it's fun waving around like a madman :P and the ps3 has motion sensoring crap aswell so it's doomed because of that too? ;)
the motion sensoring is great, you can actually aim at something with your controller, instead of using some stupid analogue joystick :roll:

Quote:
prolly a crap 'novelty' idea that'll wear off soon enough..

it's a fun new way of playing a game, you want us to be stuck with the same old controllers and gameplay forever? if noone brings any new technologies into the consoles,... why even buy a new one? it's just the same old rubbish in a nicer box and prettier graphics :roll: :wink:

oh and i know where you live so be afraid, very afraid indeed :twisted: 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:35 pm 
Stat Whore

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:

i offer you a GC or a cornflakes box...and you say you'd choose the cornflakes box....

BS tbh...

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
the Ninty/Sega battle has shifted to a Sony/Microsoft war over the last 6-8 years or so

It didnt "shift"....SEGA lost... :roll:
that war ended when nintendo ownd them. (pardon the gamer related pun...i couldnt help myself :P)

just to spell it out
nintendo bought out SEGA 5 years ago

The_Asguard [BE]=GCHQ= wrote:
PS3/Xbox..better games...full stop

i'm sorry....i didnt know you'd played the PS3 games :roll: :lol:

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
I recall people selling their 'its gonna be leet' DS's quite quickly.. lol...

you're thinking of PSP....

this is from last week

Quote:
The Nintendo DS Lite was the top selling hardware for the week to outsell rivals like the PSP, PS2, and Xbox 360

DS sales are up 300% from last year....although that could be due to small original sales :? ...it's outselling PSP's by 20+ % though

Quote:
I'm not so sure many people will honestly get excited by Nintendos new console.. the name alone is enough to spark ridicule..

Go review E3

Quote:
I can only say.. look at the gamecube.. virtually free these days in teh aforementioned cornflakes yet the older ps2 and xbox are still 100 or so...

ye..GC was a dissapointment tbh....
Really dumbed things down...
games designed for 3 year olds :? :(
(with a few exceptions)

Quote:
and prolly a crap 'novelty' idea that'll wear off soon enough..

ye....thats why Sony copied them....and completly "redesigned" their controller scrapping their new design and using their PS1 control (yet again! :roll: except this time...instead of copying analog, or rumble...they've stolen motion sensitive idea too...God damn it sony...think of something yourself ffs! :lol: )

you can also read over my DS coments above if you want :P

on the topic of "Fanboys".....you "PC only" people are the ones being biased....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:15 pm 
Lubed up like a sausage

Apocalypse wrote:
(yet again! :roll: except this time...instead of copying analog, or rumble...they've stolen motion sensitive idea too...God damn it sony...think of something yourself ffs! :lol: )

Think you'll find they didnt steal it. :wink: It was developed for the PSP in 2004... :wink:

The Road!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:25 pm 
Superman

Apocalypse wrote:
Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:

i offer you a GC or a cornflakes box...and you say you'd choose the cornflakes box....

BS tbh...

nah.. im hungry atm and i'd sooner have the cornflakes.. don't make my mind up for me please.. i have no desires to play on a gamecube.. and certainly wouldnt eat one...

Apocalypse wrote:
Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
the Ninty/Sega battle has shifted to a Sony/Microsoft war over the last 6-8 years or so

It didnt "shift"....SEGA lost... :roll:
that war ended when nintendo ownd them. (pardon the gamer related pun...i couldnt help myself :P)

just to spell it out
nintendo bought out SEGA 5 years ago

er... what has nintendo buying sega got to do with my pointing out Nintendos current '3rd place' standing in the running of things with consoles these days. its been sony/microsoft for the last few years AS my comment said so its SHIFTED to this from the old Sega/Nintendo war.. not quite sure what you're trying to say here? My comment was quite accurate? ten years ago sega and nintendo made consoles and were the top dogs... more recently its sony and microsoft? where is the confusion in this? There has been a shift.. buyout or not...?

Apocalypse wrote:
Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
I recall people selling their 'its gonna be leet' DS's quite quickly.. lol...

you're thinking of PSP....

No i am not.....as i said... i knew people selling their DS's soon after buying them with dissapointment.. i am NOT confusing this with PSP.. again.. don't assume things for me please... ask RD about his mate (whos name escapes me) that actually posted on this forums about his dissapointment with his DS and wanted to sell it... for parity.. i know people that have sold their PSPs too...

Apocalypse wrote:
DS sales are up 300% from last year....although that could be due to small original sales :? ...it's outselling PSP's by 20+ % though

wow! outselling psp.. its half the price nearly.. baked beans prolly outsell eclairs at tesco but they're not as nice.. do you see? Dunno why you're trying to berate the PSP to me.. i don't own one and don't care?

Apocalypse wrote:
ye..GC was a dissapointment tbh....
Really dumbed things down...
games designed for 3 year olds :? :(
(with a few exceptions)

and you expect anything different from the 'wii' (lol its a stupid name) nintendo in general write a lot of kiddy games.. as you said yourself.. with a FEW exceptions..

Apocalypse wrote:
Tongeh wrote:
and prolly a crap 'novelty' idea that'll wear off soon enough..

ye....thats why Sony copied them....and completly "redesigned" their controller scrapping their new design and using their PS1 control (yet again! :roll: except this time...instead of copying analog, or rumble...they've stolen motion sensitive idea too...God damn it sony...think of something yourself ffs! :lol: )

tbh rumble i generally turn off cos my hands go numb after a while.. the ps1 controller was great.. why ruin a classic.. and as for the 'copying'.. well chavs are all little White Lightning swilling burberry clones of one another.. but that dont make it GOOD.

Apocalypse wrote:
on the topic of "Fanboys".....you "PC only" people are the ones being biased....

as a "PC Person" in my house is a Playstation (with about 40 games) a PS2 (jellors) with similar, and an XBOX with about 30 games.. so please don't tell me i'm BIASED toward PC's.. i just happen to prefer the format these days.. i'm biased against kiddy consoles named after unsavoury bodily fluids tho..

I SMELL NINTY FANBOY

:)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:32 pm 
Superman

oh and tjolbi mate...

Tjolbi wrote:
*starts planning tongehs abduction and torture Twisted Evil*

you'll probably need some backup.. Tongeh don't come quietly... :)

Tjolbi wrote:
]oh and i know where you live so be afraid, very afraid indeed Twisted Evil Cool

Tongeh dont do scared.. :P

(remember.. I am superman... you'll need Kryptonite)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:38 pm 
doing a certain activity

tbh i play the games not the consoles. just like before ill probably own all 3 at one point

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:46 pm 
Superman

i'm not as rich as you obviously :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:49 pm 
Ostracised!

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
(remember.. I am superman... you'll need Kryptonite)

you wouldn't happen to know where i could get some of that kryptonite would you? :oops:

but come on, a kiddy console :roll:

every console has it's kiddy games, but that doesn't make it solely for infants

red steel, metroid prime, call of duty 3, the new splinter cell ... all very kiddy games .. :?

and besides, who cares if it looks kiddy to some people, i'd rather play zelda and super mario than the next halo or something

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES » WII