Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES » WII

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:53 pm 
Superman

Tjolbi=GCHQ= wrote:
Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
(remember.. I am superman... you'll need Kryptonite)

you wouldn't happen to know where i could get some of that kryptonite would you? :oops:

but come on, a kiddy console :roll:

every console has it's kiddy games, but that doesn't make it solely for infants

red steel, metroid prime, call of duty 3, the new splinter cell ... all very kiddy games .. :?

and besides, who cares if it looks kiddy to some people, i'd rather play zelda and super mario than the next halo or something

I agree halo sucks tbh.. was bundled with my xbox.. but i didn't really want it... COD3 will prolly come out on every console no doubt, as will splinter cell.. I anticipate Wii-exclusives (lol everytime it makes me laugh) games will be few and far between, with the usual exceptions.. just wait for the rush of Pokemon games.. lol

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:04 pm 
Comin' outta Gallifrey

a diferente style of console, for a different type of gamer....certainly it will take the asian market by storm.....just as the xbox fails miserably in japan, it may have an apathetic response in the UK, though I doubt as much....

the wii will outsell the xbox (deff) and PS3 (probs) in its first few weeks of sales (and i mean first few weeks for each) in asia.....its only a sony/msoft battle in europe and america, in asia its most deff sony/nintendo

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:12 pm 
Stat Whore

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
nah.. im hungry atm and i'd sooner have the cornflakes.. don't make my mind up for me please.. i have no desires to play on a gamecube.. and certainly wouldnt eat one...

you could sell the GC...and buy 100 boxes of cornflakes..... :roll: :?

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
er... what has nintendo buying sega got to do with my pointing out Nintendos current '3rd place' standing in the running of things with consoles these days. its been sony/microsoft for the last few years AS my comment said so its SHIFTED to this from the old Sega/Nintendo war.. not quite sure what you're trying to say here? My comment was quite accurate? ten years ago sega and nintendo made consoles and were the top dogs... more recently its sony and microsoft? where is the confusion in this? There has been a shift.. buyout or not...?

you said the shift took places over the last 6-8 years. (i.e over a long time period)
The sega/ninty war ended 5 years ago....so "over 6-8 years" isnt accurate....

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
No i am not.....as i said... i knew people selling their DS's soon after buying them with dissapointment.. i am NOT confusing this with PSP.. again.. don't assume things for me please... ask RD about his mate (whos name escapes me) that actually posted on this forums about his dissapointment with his DS and wanted to sell it... for parity.. i know people that have sold their PSPs too...

i know people who played HL2 and called it crap...then sold it. (that just makes them crazy if you ask me!!!)
Doesnt speak for the majority of people....

Quote:
Apocalypse wrote:
DS sales are up 300% from last year....although that could be due to small original sales :? ...it's outselling PSP's by 20+ % though

wow! outselling psp.. its half the price nearly.. baked beans prolly outsell eclairs at tesco but they're not as nice.. do you see?

very fair point :wink:
although comparing beans to eclairs doesnt make sense since they're totally different types of food....where as PSP and DS are both handheld consoles.

Quote:
Dunno why you're trying to berate the PSP to me.. i don't own one and don't care?

what else do you want me to compare a DS to?? :lol:

Quote:
and you expect anything different from the 'wii' (lol its a stupid name) nintendo in general write a lot of kiddy games.. as you said yourself.. with a FEW exceptions..

You're going to base 20 years of a company on one console...?? :shock:
Gameboy(all of em), NES, SNES, N64, Mario, Zelda....
i expect more from nintendo.....i'm not going to stop expecting it because of one console...

Quote:
tbh rumble i generally turn off cos my hands go numb after a while.. the ps1 controller was great.. why ruin a classic..

black and white TV, non-3D games were both "classic"....they still changed those... :wink:

Quote:
as for the 'copying'.. well chavs are all little White Lightning swilling burberry clones of one another.. but that dont make it GOOD.

lol....thats what i was saying.... :roll:
i don't recall saying the copying was a good thing....

Apocalypse wrote:
on the topic of "Fanboys".....you "PC only" people are the ones being biased....

the key word you're looking for was "only".....i wasnt talking to you :wink:
i was talking to the people who...never playing consoles decide they all suck......and that PC is better.

you're entitled to prefer your PC :wink:

Quote:
I SMELL NINTY FANBOY

maybe you're just a Sony/Microsoft fanboy....

you gonna call me a CS 1.6 Fanboy too??

please don't assume i'm single-minded....i'm quite open to the fact that i can be wrong ffs...

no need to get border line agressive in your posts over this....

Last edited by Apocalypse on Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:13 pm 
Stat Whore

Rainbow Dave =GCHQ= wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:
(yet again! :roll: except this time...instead of copying analog, or rumble...they've stolen motion sensitive idea too...God damn it sony...think of something yourself ffs! :lol: )

Think you'll find they didnt steal it. :wink: It was developed for the PSP in 2004... :wink:

Just a coincedence that Sony changed the PS3 controller days after E3, to a motion sensitive one...completley scrapping a design they'd had planned on using for a year???

Bit too convenient if you ask me :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:23 pm 
doing a certain activity

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
i'm not as rich as you obviously :)

i had to work for them and it was over a space of 3 years :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:24 pm 
Ostracised!

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
I agree halo sucks tbh.. was bundled with my xbox.. but i didn't really want it... COD3 will prolly come out on every console no doubt, as will splinter cell.. I anticipate Wii-exclusives (lol everytime it makes me laugh) games will be few and far between, with the usual exceptions.. just wait for the rush of Pokemon games.. lol

what non exclusive games don't count anymore? :?

and i'll be looking forward to the ps3's buzz or singstar whatever :roll:

consoles are a matter of taste, but to call something kiddy and stupid before you've actually played on it isn't really fair :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:45 pm 
Stat Whore

Super mario sunshine was kiddy....even i'll say that much

as for exclusive games....
the nintendo exclusive games are among the best ever made...
Ocarina of time being one of the best games ever...console or PC.

The wii (grow up tbh...who cares what its called...its about the gameplay) has companies lining up to make games like there's no tomorrow since E3.....

there wont be a whole lot on the other consoles that won't come out on Wii....it'll will most likely be the other way round.
Seeing as the other platforms dont have the required controller....

that said...all Wii games are supposed to be playable without using motion sensors

Probably Gamecubes reason for not being as good is the lack of sponsership from game making companies...

No GTA etc...really would cripple any console.

can you imagine XBOX sales if San Andreas never came out on PS2 :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:01 am 
Lubed up like a sausage

Apocalypse wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:
(yet again! :roll: except this time...instead of copying analog, or rumble...they've stolen motion sensitive idea too...God damn it sony...think of something yourself ffs! :lol: )

Think you'll find they didnt steal it. :wink: It was developed for the PSP in 2004... :wink:

Bit too convenient if you ask me :wink:

Good thing I didnt then... :wink:

The Road!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:10 am 
Superman

Apocalypse wrote:
Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
nah.. im hungry atm and i'd sooner have the cornflakes.. don't make my mind up for me please.. i have no desires to play on a gamecube.. and certainly wouldnt eat one...

you could sell the GC...and buy 100 boxes of cornflakes..... :roll: :?

well.. about 5.. :P

Apocalypse wrote:
you said the shift took places over the last 6-8 years. (i.e over a long time period)
The sega/ninty war ended 5 years ago....so "over 6-8 years" isnt accurate....

not accurate? oh ffs....
you missed the magic words 'or so' at the end of my statement where i was being 'approximate' about the timings.. however you're nitpicking to cover teh fact that the main point of my comment was that nintendo and sega used to be the console daddies, and now they are not, and haven't been for 'some years'. be-it 5, 6-8 or a 100 years ago..
And also.. I don't think Nintendo buying sega 5 years ago SUDDENLY relegated them into 3rd spot.. or was the cause... slightly irrelevant perhaps? Nintendo lost their way slightly post N64 and how old is that... more than 5 years i can tell you.. :P

Apocalypse wrote:
i know people who played HL2 and called it crap...then sold it. (that just makes them crazy if you ask me!!!)
Doesnt speak for the majority of people....

indeed.. but all i said was that people had sold their DS's cos they were dissapointed.. and you contradicted my CORRECT statement by saying I was mistaking it for the PSP...

Apocalypse wrote:
very fair point :wink:
although comparing beans to eclairs doesnt make sense since they're totally different types of food....where as PSP and DS are both handheld consoles.

beans and eclairs are still 'both types of food' - My comment was supposed to indicate that 'the most popular thing' isnt necessarily the bestest... look at the sega gamegear vs. gameboy as an example... gameboy MASSSIVELY popular, crappy one color screen, and sold millions.. game gear.. COLOUR! TV TUNER AVAILABLE! and played ur old Master System carts with an adaptor.. streets ahead of what the original gameboy was capable of. Yet failed...?

Apocafanboy \":P\" wrote:
You're going to base 20 years of a company on one console...?? :shock:
Gameboy(all of em), NES, SNES, N64, Mario, Zelda....
i expect more from nintendo.....i'm not going to stop expecting it because of one console...

so Nintendo never made 'kiddy' games by the bucketloads for anything else..?? ahem... lets hope for your sake Nintendo have possibly learned something from the Gamecube debacle.. and try a new approach.. or I fear the worst.

Apocalypse wrote:
on the topic of "Fanboys".....you "PC only" people are the ones being biased....
Apoca'ypse wrote:
the key word you're looking for was "only"..... i wasnt talking to you Wink
i was talking to the people who...never playing consoles decide they all suck......and that PC is better.

you're entitled to prefer your PC :wink:

in a discussion between your good self and moi, you talk of 'pc only' bias.. why would i expect this to mean anyone else.. as i said I have 3 consoles here, and have owned more... i am not anti-console i just prefer my PC..

Apocalypse wrote:
maybe you're just a Sony/Microsoft fanboy....

negative.. PC fanboy... and before you say 'ah ah pc = microsoft..' in some vain attempt at scoring a point.. i could play PC games just as happily on linux if i could be bothered to change... i dont use IE i use firefox, and winamp not media player.. hardly a fanboy?
Apocalypse wrote:
you gonna call me a CS 1.6 Fanboy too??

"if the cap fits" :P

Apocalypse wrote:
please don't assume i'm single-minded....i'm quite open to the fact that i can be wrong ffs...

no need to get border line flaming over it....

border line flames? where? I posted in a thread discussing Wii (no this isnt alt.com) and you dissected and tried to poo-poo my comments about the wii-wii (like what i did there?!) starting with accusing me of talking 'BS' so who started the ball rolling...? i defended my comments, quite reasonably i think.. and i dont recall getting abusive? Please report me to admin if i've offended you... lol... i can see it now.. banned for a forums for being cynical about nintendo... *looks up* nope.. this IS gamecommunity forums not nintendo's :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:36 am 
Stat Whore

Come on Colin....
We weren't that bad :lol:
we're just passionate debaters
(damn console threads always get locked!) :P

flaming was the wrong word to use...i had changed it, but you must have quoted me within like 10 secs of posting :lol:

guess we both went a little overboard.

Quote:
so Nintendo never made 'kiddy' games by the bucketloads for anything else..??

which ones did you have in mind??? :|

off-topic ftw

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:39 am 
Superman

Tjolbi=GCHQ= wrote:
Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:

what non exclusive games don't count anymore? :?

and i'll be looking forward to the ps3's buzz or singstar whatever :roll:

consoles are a matter of taste, but to call something kiddy and stupid before you've actually played on it isn't really fair :)

tjolbi... a console really becomes VERY desirable when a game is exclusive to it.. you MUST have that console to play that game.. therefore if a game is available on any console, you DONT need a wii to play one... Halo was an Xbox exclusive but I didn't want it for that as I said.. it was the newest console around post-ps2 when i had some cash to spunk.. trying to be realistic and look at the big picture, how many 3rd party developers may not want risk putting out an exclusive on the Wii, risking a dismal return, if it goes the same way as the Gamecube... I try to look at things from a central perspective, not thru the starry eyes of a fan (note the subtle omission of boy there.. :D )

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:40 am 
Superman

Apocalypse wrote:

Quote:

do-do-doooo Gotta catch 'em allllll.....

pokemon red blue gold silver polkadot fluorescent-yellow came out all over the range... i'm not a follower of their product so i'm at a disadvantage for once :(

Last edited by Tongeh on Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:43 am 
Stat Whore

Tongeh=GCHQ= wrote:
Apocalypse wrote:

Quote:

do-do-doooo Gotta catch 'em allllll.....

pokemon red blue gold silver polkadot fluorescent-yellow came out all over the range...

riiiiight....i meant "kiddy" as in ridiculously easy to finish (designed so a 4 year old could finish it)....like mario-sunshine....need some kind of challenge in a game.

Pokemon is just one game though.....(which was marketed as 40 for profit)

some people would buy a pencil for £20 if it was an official pokemon pencil.

Last edited by Apocalypse on Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:44 am 
Superman

did you? i didnt :P

i meant kiddy.. as in for kids... not easy... :P

Post subject: Re: Wii - November 24th - £149?!
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:52 am 
Stat Whore

Seems to me PS3 is just a suped up PS2....and with the 360 already out...and the Wii being so different.

Sony is gonna fall behind massively....
£275 less than the predicted price of the PlayStation 3. [/i]

i mean ffs....£275 is a lot of money

you could buy a 360 & a Wii.....cover practically every game a PS3 is gonna be able to play...and still spend only slightly more money than someone buying a PS3...

Board index » THE GAMES ROOM » CONSOLES » WII