Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » GAME/SOFTWARE/HARDWARE PROBLEMS

Post subject: Why are new computers always so difficult....
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:26 pm 
Not the Air rifle tho :o(

Latest Update: Got it to work!, turned out my Antec power supply was the fault, it must not of been compatible or something we think.

Ok so finally got all the components for my new rig, the x1950xt however is out of stock so I got a little x300 for a tenner off ebay just untill the x1950xt comes in stock.

Anyway I finally got the x300 today after having built a working computer the day before (all I needed was monitor support), the CD drive opened, the power LED's came on, all the fans, made the typical 'I need a graphics card' beeping, looked fine.

So I put the x300 in and no monitor..so I think 'Hmm, maybe its the RAM' so I tried all 4 dimm slots, still nothing. Then I noticed my CD drive no longer works, also the beeper has stopped beeping, and no power LED lights, however all the system/cpu fans still turn on :/..

Anyway so now I'm just going to use spare cables etc and re-wire everything to see if that helps at all, and then I'm going to plug it all back in and hope it works, if anyones got any ideas or any tips that I can try it would be helpful..

p.s heres my specs

Update: I put in a PCI graphics card and the monitor still does not work, and it seems the HDD doesn't turn on either, and still no beeps, however the fans, CD drives and LED's all come on, and the LED's on the motherboard do too.

What could be faulty with these symptoms??

Last edited by Diablo-X on Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:58 pm 
Only a 4ilbo ATM

hrm.. sounds similer problem with the comp i have just now. not really sat and studyied it.

but everything runs, even gfx card fan. but no monitor output. :?

gonna mess with mines later, will get back to you.

-------------------------------------

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:11 pm 
Comin' outta Gallifrey

make sure everything is plugged in securely, could just be a couple of loose cables....

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:11 pm 
Lubed up like a sausage

Something similar happened to fine when I built it last year. Turns out the graphics card was borked. Overclockers exchanged and replaced it within 4 days. :D

The Road!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:10 pm 
BUMHOLE ENGINEER

Are you getting the no signal input thing?

If so thats exactly what I had when I had ordered the wrong type of card :oops:

Sure the card's compatible? :)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:22 pm 

Yea the cards compatible, it wouldn't fit into a PCI-E slot if the gfx card wasn't PCI-E.

I'm still playing around with the cables and such but really I'm more concerned about why the power on LED's aren't lighting up, why my CD drive doesn't work, and why I'm getting no beeping-ness..is that bios, cpu I don't know :(.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:07 pm 
Ive seen J naked :P

The beep is part of the post process (power on self test) however if ur computer encounters a prob b4 the post it wont beep, normally mem test can stop the comp b4 the post, how many sticks ya got did ya try just one for now in various slots see if it posts, could be one of the sticks or slots if u have more than one, then move on to the other probs coz there probably minor ones :wink:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:29 pm 

Deaths Apprentice=GCHQ= wrote:
The beep is part of the post process (power on self test) however if ur computer encounters a prob b4 the post it wont beep, normally mem test can stop the comp b4 the post, how many sticks ya got did ya try just one for now in various slots see if it posts, could be one of the sticks or slots if u have more than one, then move on to the other probs coz there probably minor ones :wink:

thanks yea I had my suspicions about the memory too because in the past if it's not regeristing it, or its not in correctly the comp just doesnt work properly/ doesn't boot..I'll try investigate.

EDIT: Ok my dad did something and now the CD drive and the front LEDs work :D so thats cool, now I think its down to the graphics or memory, so going to get a PCI graphics card in there.

Well in a week ish when I get back from yorkshire I'ma get the x1950xt and another GB of RAM, so I'll put those in, if it works then I've found the culprits :P.

Post subject: pc`s
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:24 am 
that was a stupid comment btw

A plurality of rigid members forming lateral enlargements engage a plurality of housing members having lateral slots to secure the enlargements, springs within the housing press the rigid members distal to the housing to retain the device within a woman's vagina and a blade, which may have barbs on its edge, is pivotally mounted within a slot in the internal surface of the housing.

Post subject: Re: pc`s
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:38 am 

happyslappy wrote:
A plurality of rigid members forming lateral enlargements engage a plurality of housing members having lateral slots to secure the enlargements, springs within the housing press the rigid members distal to the housing to retain the device within a woman's vagina and a blade, which may have barbs on its edge, is pivotally mounted within a slot in the internal surface of the housing.

lol I fail to see the relevance of this to my orginal post so am classing this as..

SPAM!!

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:54 pm 
Super User

He was probs drunk at the time. :P

Post subject: Re: pc`s
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:24 pm 
an unsung hero!

happyslappy wrote:

http://www.gamecommunity.co.uk/adminfor ... highlight=

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:26 pm 

lol.

Update: I put in a PCI graphics card and the monitor still does not work, and it seems the HDD doesn't turn on either, and still no beeps, however the fans, CD drives and LED's all come on, and the LED's on the motherboard do too.

What could be faulty with these symptoms??

Post subject: oi lemon
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:01 pm 
that was a stupid comment btw

stfu - it was a diferent place with tards then who spamed everything and yes i was drunk :)

Post subject: Re: oi lemon
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:57 pm 
an unsung hero!

happyslappy wrote:
stfu - it was a diferent place with tards then who spamed everything and yes i was drunk :)

if thats an apology ... its accepted :D
but in future can you not walk around like you own the place :D

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » GAME/SOFTWARE/HARDWARE PROBLEMS