Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » GAME/SOFTWARE/HARDWARE PROBLEMS

Post subject: HP laptop format
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:47 am 
Apprentice bacon herder

i have formatted my laptop it had vista basic on there and i wanted it to run XP as lets face it... vista isnt any good unless u have either a decent pc to run it... or the concentration...

i have now run into a few small problems...

i have formatted it and nothing has drivers (as to be expected) for anything... wireless, graphics card the usual... but even my network port on the side of my laptop isnt working anymore (Was work previous so isnt faulty) i have had help from slayer who helped me try and find the drivers which had no luck... i have searched there site for the drivers... on the front of my my screen on my laptop (top right) it says i have the dv9000 BUT if i go onto the bottom it says i have the DV9700... (f£(*£rs)

i have tried the drivers for both... and neither have worked... all i need to do is get the drivers for the wireless(or network port) to start with so i can use device manager to get the rest... but everything i have tried to do to get them working is pointless... i have yet to contact HP as there site is LESS than helpful and my warrenty doesnt cover the format... as it covers the vista and hardware... nothing i put on it (which is code for "pointless having warrenty u will never use" as vista wants u to do a system restore every 10 minutes)

anyone got any ideas? another bit of info me and slayer found out was that they have discontinued this line of laptops (shocker :roll: :thumbd: :scratch: )... this is the last time i buy something from HP :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Games: DC, CSS, BF2, Insurgency, Cod2, Cod4, Cod5, BFBC2, Surpreme Commander, Hidden Source, bfbc2/vietnam, Cod black ops, need for speeds (underground 1 and 2, prostreet, hot pursuit, most wanted), juiced 1 and 2, im sure theres more...

Post subject: Re: HP laptop format
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:48 am 
Made in Taiwan

You forgot the golden rule, Always list or printout you device manager tree before a format. This information is vital for finding drivers. I guess with a laptop the hardware is at least fixed so its possible to find what hardware is in there. Difficult but possible. Better luck next time.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:58 am 
Saints ftw!!

Try this [url]link http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/for ... Id=1206332[/url]

You wont get the XP drivers from HP as it is sold as a home laptop, not a business one...

Look up the Vista drivers here for your exact part number, then try and find the XP ones elsewhere.

You'll probably have a Broadcom LAN, Intel Wireless, Intel video, Realtek HD Audio (needs a HD driver from Microsoft too)

If you get an unknown device (says ACPI in the resources) you need the Quick Buttons driver.

The biggest download is teh Bluetooth driver :)

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:18 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

gmar=GCHQ= wrote:
You forgot the golden rule, Always list or printout you device manager tree before a format. This information is vital for finding drivers. I guess with a laptop the hardware is at least fixed so its possible to find what hardware is in there. Difficult but possible. Better luck next time.

it isnt the hardware i am having the trouble with its the drivers FOR the hardware

GeneralPublic=GCHQ= wrote:
Try this [url]link http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/for ... Id=1206332[/url]

You wont get the XP drivers from HP as it is sold as a home laptop, not a business one...

Look up the Vista drivers here for your exact part number, then try and find the XP ones elsewhere.

You'll probably have a Broadcom LAN, Intel Wireless, Intel video, Realtek HD Audio (needs a HD driver from Microsoft too)

If you get an unknown device (says ACPI in the resources) you need the Quick Buttons driver.

The biggest download is teh Bluetooth driver :)

on hp's website they did have some XP ones... but they didnt work... i have looked on other sites... the program i have been using is the one nicey gave me for my main pc called everest... which tells me more than what device manager does anyway... but when i find a driver for my wireless card or any thing else on there it installs fine then doesnt work anyway... the wireless is called a "atheros ar5006x wireless network adapter" which i have searched for (using google) to find it and we found 3 different drivers... and none worked... also have "nvidia mcp67 - lan controler" for the wired network...

Games: DC, CSS, BF2, Insurgency, Cod2, Cod4, Cod5, BFBC2, Surpreme Commander, Hidden Source, bfbc2/vietnam, Cod black ops, need for speeds (underground 1 and 2, prostreet, hot pursuit, most wanted), juiced 1 and 2, im sure theres more...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:53 pm 
The houseworks gone to pot!

hi mate when i was in the computer game i used driverguide.com which i used to find all my drivers have a look on there can you get on the net with it to see if it can find the right drivers for it hope this helps mate if not pm me with the details of the laptop as i all so have a hp and might be able to get drivers for you

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:06 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

i have no net on it as neither wireless or wired ethernetport is working at the moment (due to no drivers) i have tried getting the wireless and had no luck and looked for the ethernet port drivers as well and apparently its also my sound, usb ports are all in 1... and had no luck with it either... i shall pm u the details of laptop...

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:14 pm 
it is I! Diabetes man!

i think this link is similar to gens....... but it does specify in the topic :- xp drivers for a 9000

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/for ... t=109447627+1213794444954+28353475&threadId=1191711

plus

might help
http://www.techsupportforum.com/hardwar ... ta-xp.html

Went to a zoo, they only had one animal there, a dog............. It was a shitzu....

I’z leakin… bring amberlamps

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:55 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

the first url didnt work :? 2nd one may help :)

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:07 pm 
I'm ghey 4 teh Hoff!

Install vista and stop complaining :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbl:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:20 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

Chips=GCHQ= wrote:
Install vista and stop complaining :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbl:

f"(^ no XD

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:46 pm 
BUMHOLE ENGINEER

Erm a mate at work had problems with this also, he spent ages trying HP's support to no avail.
I think he eventually found the drivers on the Asus website....for some strange reason, you might want to have a look there.

I've got the same laptop as him but I just stuck to Vista. :lol:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:13 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

Extolerance=GCHQ= wrote:
Erm a mate at work had problems with this also, he spent ages trying HP's support to no avail.
I think he eventually found the drivers on the Asus website....for some strange reason, you might want to have a look there.

I've got the same laptop as him but I just stuck to Vista. :lol:

tbh i wish i did now as well lol although it was such a pain in the back side

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:40 pm 
it is I! Diabetes man!

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/for ... Id=1200186

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/for ... Id=1228039

one for a dv9700
the other is for a dv9000

Went to a zoo, they only had one animal there, a dog............. It was a shitzu....

I’z leakin… bring amberlamps

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:02 pm 
that was a stupid comment btw

Quote:
have had help from slayer

it was downhill from then :twisted:

Post Posted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:28 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

happyslappy wrote:
Quote:
have had help from slayer

it was downhill from then :twisted:

was disappointed it didnt come earlier :(

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » GAME/SOFTWARE/HARDWARE PROBLEMS