Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » MARKET PLACE

Post subject: remote control car kits - battery powered
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:53 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

anyone know where i can get a kit for a off roading RC car? looking for cheap as possible really but can also spend a fair amount... but this will b my first one so i will properly total it... so cheaper the better :lol:

Games: DC, CSS, BF2, Insurgency, Cod2, Cod4, Cod5, BFBC2, Surpreme Commander, Hidden Source, bfbc2/vietnam, Cod black ops, need for speeds (underground 1 and 2, prostreet, hot pursuit, most wanted), juiced 1 and 2, im sure theres more...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:05 am 
Ostracised!

not a clue so google is your friend :)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=rc+car+offroad&meta=

or you could go the chav way and nick one :P :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:07 am 
Super User

Tjolbi=GCHQ= wrote:

No, just no... I don't want any phonecalls Maddog. OK! Got it? Good. Glad we cleared that one up straight away. :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:33 am 
Apprentice bacon herder

Simon - [Kimck098] wrote:
Tjolbi=GCHQ= wrote:

No, just no... I don't want any phonecalls Maddog. OK! Got it? Good. Glad we cleared that one up straight away. :lol:

pfft... u wouldnt know the first thing anyway :P and besides... i wouldnt use a phone... i would use msn :P

did look on google with no success, was wondering if anyone knew anything abuo it on where to buy kits online and stuff

Games: DC, CSS, BF2, Insurgency, Cod2, Cod4, Cod5, BFBC2, Surpreme Commander, Hidden Source, bfbc2/vietnam, Cod black ops, need for speeds (underground 1 and 2, prostreet, hot pursuit, most wanted), juiced 1 and 2, im sure theres more...

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:57 pm 
All I know is that Tamiya were the best when i was into this.....for your first off roader they used to do one called the grasshopper which was awesome and reasonable priced. theres loads to chose from but here's a starter link...

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/ ... /index.htm

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:57 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

cheers colt :D links very helpful :) think i know roughly what to buy, but do they come in kits or are they prebuilt kinda things?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:31 pm 
They are kits mate - but you can buy them ready made if you have a look around - model shops often make them up for you for a fee but i'd suggest it's a good way of getting to know your very serious toy ;) - the advantage of the kit is it means your car is fully tweakable - and easy to repair - you could go for a second hand one and replace any dodgy bits - you can use most decent r/controller untis with these - and if you buy second hand, you'd likely get a top end controller if you shop around, included with the car, at a fraction of the cost.....which meants, if you get into it , you'll be able to have many cars - and only need the one controller - which wil be programmable ..... unless of course you want to drive more than one at a time :D it's addictive !! you'll be looking at Helicopters before you know it!!!

lol = theres even race days for these now - and you get 5 or 6 helicopters hovvering over the track with mounted video cameras :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:44 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

Colt Seavers=GCHQ= wrote:
you'll be looking at Helicopters before you know it!!

looked at them in the past... then relised, theres no where near by (ish) to fly it... and i would crash it VERY often so i wouldnt b able to afford it... :lol:

ty :D now just gotta talk my dad into letting me get one :lol:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:56 pm 
Pure sex on legs

All I know is that Tamiya were the best when i was into this.....for your first off roader they used to do one called the grasshopper which was awesome and reasonable priced. theres loads to chose from but here's a starter link...

oh jeah tamiya rules the grasshopper was nearly undestructable (40 oz gsoline made it then )

pefect cars
but my advise just start with a gas powered one mutch mor e fun then driving 15 mins the charging batts for 4 hrs :roll:

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:01 pm 
my advice.....buy a few batteries ;) and make sure they're all high load 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:04 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

triple nickel =GCHQ= wrote:

oh jeah tamiya rules the grasshopper was nearly undestructable (40 oz gsoline made it then )

pefect cars
but my advise just start with a gas powered one mutch mor e fun then driving 15 mins the charging batts for 4 hrs :roll:

my parents wont let me get petrol/gasoline powered one :(

my advice.....buy a few batteries ;) and make sure they're all high load 8)

was planning to do that anyway :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:16 am 
The houseworks gone to pot!

go nitro ive got evo rush 45 mph off road ready to run great fun this one only 2 wheel drive if you wanr 4x4 got for mt2 tell your mum and dad it will be cheaper in the long run check out hpi website also loads of parts and cars on e-bay

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:22 am 
Pure sex on legs

F.U.B.A.R wrote:
go nitro ive got evo rush 45 mph off road ready to run great fun this one only 2 wheel drive if you wanr 4x4 got for mt2 tell your mum and dad it will be cheaper in the long run check out hpi website also loads of parts and cars on e-bay

i was gonna say HPI. nitro is the way forward............ speed *wipes drool from around mouth* :D

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:27 am 
The houseworks gone to pot!

oh yes have had mine off road and jumping about 40 foot on a bmx track ive had electric and got feed up with recharging batterys

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:02 pm 
Apprentice bacon herder

F.U.B.A.R wrote:
ive had electric and got feed up with recharging batterys

i get the feelings i will get the same but my parents wont let me get petrol :( i have tried a few times to try and get them to let me get a petrol one but they said no :( which is y i asked on the forum about a decent electric one...

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » MARKET PLACE