Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » MARKET PLACE

Post subject: need the best possible chair for my lower back
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:06 pm 
Rocking the boat

i suffer from chronic lower back pain.

it seems to me that every single chair i use is simply not good enough... and its really getting to me since i spend quite a lot of time in front of my pc and sitting.

i heard that just a simple medicine ball is the best chair because it keeps all the minor muscles of the lower back and abs active - but i was wondering if any of you have found - or use a chair that is truly designed for lower-back pain sufferers like myself.

money is not a factor so plz post whatever you know - no matter how crazy expensive it might be.

i'll start using my medicine ball tonight and let you know about the results. if it works i'll be looking into purchasing a chair with an active seat that acts like a medicine ball + has back rest support.

Post subject: Re: need the best possible chair for my lower back
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:25 pm 
I'm ghey 4 teh Hoff!

SodaBoy=GCHQ= wrote:
i'll start using my medicine ball tonight and let you know about the results. if it works i'll be looking into purchasing a chair with an active seat that acts like a medicine ball + has back rest support.

Surely the reason why a medcine ball would work is because your muslces are used to support the back, instead of relaxed letting a back rest do it... so purchasing a seat which acts like a medcine ball but with a back rest would kinda defeat it?

There's cushions you can get which literally tip you forward, supposed to make you keep a straight back instead of curved - dunno if that'd help, it'd be cheap too (the cushion is literally a firm wedge).

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:30 pm 
Thai lady boy

To Strengthen you back, maybe, if you want to rest and support your back, try one with a memory foam backing, or try a bit of memory foam along the back of an old firm chair maybe first and see how it feels rather than paying out for one, just saying this because a memory foam mattress made a huge difference for my back when sleeping on it. (If you can't find someone around who supplies memory foam around there, pm me might be able to help.)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:30 pm 
Rocking the boat

the ideal sitting posture is apparently 135 degrees. (according to webmd)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 7:08 pm 
Forever Alone

SodaBoy=GCHQ= wrote:
the ideal sitting posture is apparently 135 degrees. (according to webmd)

in other words feet up, relaxing on the couch 8)

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:53 pm 
Thai lady boy

Well the memory foam tends to mould itself slightly to the contours of your back slightly, so that no part of the backs got more pressure againts it than any other.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:36 pm 
Forever Alone

Tao=GCHQ= wrote:
Well the memory foam tends to mould itself slightly to the contours of your back slightly, so that no part of the backs got more pressure againts it than any other.

:lol: :lol: sorry..was bugging me a bit

on a serious note, clicky HERE mate, dunno if thats of any help :?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:41 pm 
//.

Last edited by Colt Seavers on Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:21 am 
Rocking the boat

thanks for that colt - i was actually reading about it today on the net - a lot of people praise it and it has received top reviews everywhere - it is probably THE most expensive chair in the world though... still if it works i really don't care about the money... just need to find somewhere to test it out first... so you really enjoying it then? i heard it has like a million functions... what would you say is the biggest difference between the aeron and your old chair?

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:29 am 
biggest difference is you sit how you want.....it's uber easy to adjust, and everything on it is soo well made it feels like its a chair for life. looks good as new 2 years in.....reclines really nicely if you want it to. hard to explain really .... it's simply the best piece of modern product design in office furtniture since it does what its meant to do amazingly well. mine is now in my studio and it's biggest benefit in there is that its really easy to move around the area tweaking my kit in a mix - smooth wheels, quick and easy adjustment.

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » MARKET PLACE