Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » MARKET PLACE

Post subject: ebay
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:39 pm 
Super User

I want some actual buyer advice on this..

I've been looking at some DJ deck... specifically Pioneer CDJ1000 MK3... and I've seen quite a few nice offers, but as we all know... anything that says Pioneer is usually top notch and top price.

Saw a pair of CDJ1000 MK3 + DJM800 being advertised for £700 from america on a "Buy it Now".. Concidering that entire kit is worth about £2350 and about the same when transfered into USD... I'm not sure if I should be trusting that.

I don't really know what I'm looking for when buying on ebay, so could someone gimme a few pointers? Especially when the price is quite as large as this.

Knowing that alot of you here use eBay, I thought I'd ask, I've never used it before.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: ebay
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:15 pm 
Humping a Super Model

Im usually of the ilk that 'If its too good to be true then it probably is'

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:32 am 
Ostracised!

definitely read reviews on the person selling first, if there's not a single bad remark and everyone's saying how amazing the seller is it's more likely to be legit ;)

don't rush in, but don't be too suspicious either, i recently bought something on ebay for 130 euro, including shipping from america to belgium, which would have cost me 260 euro without transportation over here :shock: :grin: (and it was fully legit ;))

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:24 am 
Bow down to the master

mp3 & a laptop :o7:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:42 am 
I'm ghey 4 teh Hoff!

Also check their feedback for whether they are buyers or sellers... if they've got tons of perfect feedback, but it's all for things costing very little and it's all recent - and they were buying instead of selling, then avoid like the plague in my lil opinion.

I only buy from those with a strong seller history (as in they've sold tons of stuff and 95%+ is positive feedback), always read negative and responses - malicious people will just neg people for reasons such as "didn't arrive within 24 hours or sale ending".

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:20 pm 
Not the Air rifle tho :o(

Wouldn't recommend buying anything over a hundred over Ebay mate, the warranties are usually piss poor (7-30days) and if it dies after 2 months, your out on £700 or whatever, even if your own fault, with other sites (e.g Ebuyer :P) you can just send it back no questions asked, but with Ebay your usually on your own.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:19 pm 
Super User

So if I was to say buy a set of these... (looks to be a common dealer from the history) would you say its trustworthy?

Item

Thing I'm worried about is that amount of money going over, with no postal insurance or anything... You understand how I mean? A couple of people have had good luck with this deal and it looks to be a damned great deal £350 off the retail price for new stuff (not including £76 postage fee...). Not sure if theres an import charge or anything though...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:32 pm 
Saints ftw!!

You'll pay import duty on the goods, and the carriage charge....

What percentage the import duty is will depend on what customs classify your gear as, there is no one import duty rate AFAIK.

Quote:
You need to specify the description of the electronic products you intend to import into the UK before a more accurate import duty rate can be determined. For the types of goods mentioned the duty rates can range from 3.7% for other radar apparatus, radio navigation aid apparatus to 4.2% for digital camera, 10% to 14% for electronic radios, music players monitors and projectors.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:18 pm 
Super User

Well. I settled for buying this one and got it all for £693. Top notch DJ CD Deck and not a single issue with it as far as I can tell.

Came through Wednesday, purchased Friday. Problems with Parcelforce picking up the parcel or something.. Very pleased with the product anyway. :D

Post Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:31 pm 
Ostracised!

nice one :grin:

Post Posted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:05 pm 
Super User

Was really surprised by parcelforce with all the bad reviews they get.

The parcel was sent off at 21:00 the night before and arrive 6 hours later, haha. Quick delivery from eSeller to eBuyer. :D

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » MARKET PLACE