Login    Forum    Register    Search    FAQ

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » MARKET PLACE

Post subject: streaming tv to real telly
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:02 pm 
Bow down to the master

apparently you can get tv of the internet and get it to show on a proper telly. How do i do this, what do i need and roughly how much will it cost?

ta very much.

Post subject: Re: streaming tv to real telly
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:45 pm 
it is I! Diabetes man!

moo wrote:
apparently you can get tv of the internet and get it to show on a proper telly. How do i do this, what do i need and roughly how much will it cost?

ta very much.

what do you mean..... tv off the internet?.. real time tv...recordings...downloaded tv programs......???

Went to a zoo, they only had one animal there, a dog............. It was a shitzu....

I’z leakin… bring amberlamps

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:59 pm 
Bow down to the master

stuff of say bbc iplayer directly on to the telly.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:02 pm 
I sleep with beer cans on my head

you can get bbci on the ps3, other than that, I can only think of setting up a pc next to your telly and doing it that way

Post Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:25 pm 
call me J-Lo ;-)

HDMI cable from GFX to your TV is the simplest, and the way I do it.
The best way to do it when it comes available (and affordable) will be [url=http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/06/asus-eee-keyboard-revealed/ASUS EEE Keyboard[/url] with a wirles HDMI box 8)

Stay Frosty

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 am 
Made in Taiwan

Aye hook up a PC to a TV and you can watch anything on tv. Cheap way of playing Blu-ray too.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:22 pm 
Bow down to the master

I was under the impression that i could get the comp booted up and wirelessly let me watch stuff in my bedroom with some kind of device plugged in the the pc and telly.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:38 am 
Decidedly uninterested

PS3 does iPlayer nicely 8) I'll test it with 4oD and let you know...

I hear the HexBox does similar.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:28 pm 
Ive seen J naked :P

If u dont want to hook a pc to ur tv there are a ton of network media players out there that can play various forms of internet media, then throw in an app on ur comp that can forward streams to the media player and u can watch just about anything, even vlc will forward streams to a compatable media player, or as others have said u can use a console like the ps3 or xbox, the ps3 has more compatability it has its own webbrowser so u can browse sites and watch media direct without the need for a pc but for any sites it cant do again u can stick an app on the pc and forward the stream, vlc again does a good job but ps3mediaserver does just about anything and u can configure it to have direct links to stuff appear on ur ps3 so no need to browse, for example i have a load of radio station listed on the ps3 so i just select the station i want to listen to and the pc will conect to it and stream it to the ps3, you can do the same with video as well :thumbl:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:56 pm 
it is I! Diabetes man!

Deaths Apprentice=GCHQ= wrote:
If u dont want to hook a pc to ur tv there are a ton of network media players out there that can play various forms of internet media, then throw in an app on ur comp that can forward streams to the media player and u can watch just about anything, even vlc will forward streams to a compatable media player, or as others have said u can use a console like the ps3 or xbox, the ps3 has more compatability it has its own webbrowser so u can browse sites and watch media direct without the need for a pc but for any sites it cant do again u can stick an app on the pc and forward the stream, vlc again does a good job but ps3mediaserver does just about anything and u can configure it to have direct links to stuff appear on ur ps3 so no need to browse, for example i have a load of radio station listed on the ps3 so i just select the station i want to listen to and the pc will conect to it and stream it to the ps3, you can do the same with video as well :thumbl:

radio canuck?

Went to a zoo, they only had one animal there, a dog............. It was a shitzu....

I’z leakin… bring amberlamps

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:31 pm 
Made in Taiwan

Any links with info on how to do that ps3 stuff? Dont tell me, ps3.com or something.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:50 pm 
Decidedly uninterested

If, like me, you're running Windoze 7 RC (or any version with Media Centre) you can browse it across the network with your PS3 :thumbr: No need for extra software then. I think it also applies if you simply have Media Player installed. :scratch:

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:44 pm 
Ive seen J naked :P

Yep wmp11 or higher will allow u to stream music, pics and some video across the network but it has limited features and file support, u can only play files with it that are supported by the ps3 and tbh its fairly limited as a streaming app, if however u want a decent media streamer then this is probably the best around :thumbr:

http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/

anything the ps3 wont play this app will transcode on the fly and even through wireless theres no lag or stutering even if transcoding a hdmovie with digital sound :grin: for example i "aquired" a bluray rip which is a h.264 file with AAC 5.1 and my amp dosent support AAC sound so ps3ms transcodes it to DD5.1 for me on the fly :)

Check out the forum for other tricks it can do like, bookmarked live radio stations in your xmb menus (and no nicey its not radio canuck lol got a lot of digital fm ones in there :D ) movie sites, picture sites, RSS feeds (icanhascheezburger feed for example is updated on my xmb with all the latest pics everytime i select it in the menu) custom thumbnails for ur movie files and other cool stuff :)

Board index » HELP AND ADVICE » MARKET PLACE